Wednesday, April 15, 2009

In retrospective

Whilst I was reading all the materials re ILSC and TL role I jotted down comments on paper because of a lack of internet access on my travels. So I am adding them here retrospectively.
I had experience working in a boys Secondary School College Library from 2006 to 2007 on a full time basis. More recently I have worked there on a casual basis and I have the valuable support of the library staff as mentors for my studies. In this college the library plays a central role in school learning programs and the library staff work cooperatively with the Principal, school leaders, administration, teaching staff and the 1400 students to the achieve the school goals. When I consider my experiences in this library I consider Sue Spence’s “ teacher librarian toolkit for an information literate school community’ to be a relevant and valuable resource which outlines practical and effective strategies that could be used to facilitate student learning outcomes and support teaching staff to enhance new technologies into their teaching methodologies.
'This process of understanding occurs within a culture that is more comfortable for students than it is for teachers because the processes of informing that dominate today did not even exist when most of today's teachers were born.' This quote from Henri and my observations of teachers in schools who are currently coming to terms with the challenges of new technologies, lead me to consider teacher resistance to change as a major obstacle to consider for assignment one.

No comments:

Post a Comment