Thursday, August 6, 2009

Reflections on Fullan

Fullan's comprehensive overview of the characteristics of effective leaders of change provides insight into the attributes that leaders need to model and strategies that they could use to create a vision for a school library,to motivate a team of staff and to work collaboratively with teachers and adminstration to implement it.
When I consider my own work experiences,I can relate them to Fullan's closing statement in chapter one...
'The conclusion is that leaders will increase their effectiveness if they continually work on the five components of leadership with energy, enthusiasm, and hope:" These are the attributes that I have seen demonstrated by some of the most influential people that I have worked with and admired in schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment