Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Resolutions for 2010

Having read back over my assignments and the marker's comments, I resolved to find more information regarding critical evaluation and writing annotated bibliographies.
I will read more widely,visit other local libraries and organise regular access to journals etc. My personal goals are to improve my typing and ICT skills and to keep up with professional awareness of uses for web 2.0 technologies and networks, I have subscribed to Bright Ideas -Slav blog. I need to organise my time to include exploration of these new resources i.e walls, wordle,prezi, twitter etc.to develop working knowledge with them and to blog more often!
I must admit I really needed a summer break and it gave me time to reflect on my
learning and my goals for the future. It also gave me time to read for pleasure, I decided to read a mixture of student novels and adult literature. I read the classic Bryce Courtney novel "The Power Of One" which could be used with upper primary school students to foster critical thinking about bullying, racism and social issues. It could also provide insight into the human ability to face adversity, to rise above it and focus on personal goals. Morris Gleitzman's "Then" is a serious novel that tells a tragic tale of World War 11 experiences from children's perspective. I would be reluctant to use it with primary school students because of the gravity of the subject. But,I would like to read the previous novel and more of Gleitzman's more recent work. Currently I am reading "The Book Thief" and despite the bleak environment and the harshness of the story, I am enjoying the author's unusual expressions of language, it's format and it's use of illiteration. Right now,I need to hurry up and finish it so that I can get into the reams of reading that we need to do for this course!

No comments:

Post a Comment