Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A critical synthesis of my reflections on the role of theTeacher Librarian

As s student, I came to this Teacher librarianship course with a background of various work experiences as a primary school teacher, a teacher librarian and as a sales and marketing consultant in the educational publishing industry in Victoria. I have worked as a teacher librarian in two primary schools in the 1980’s and in more recent years I have worked in a large Secondary college library (1400students) as a member of a team of six library staff, including three teacher librarians. I am currently working part-time in another primary school as a ‘Literacy / Numeracy Support teacher with the Year 5/6 students and teachers. This school does not have a teacher librarian, it employs a library technician to run the library and a part time teacher to teach ICT skills. My long term personal goal has been to become qualified as a teacher librarian and to secure on going work in a school library.
I have included this outline of my experiences so that the reader can appreciate the perspective that I am coming from and the gaps in my knowledge in teacher librarianship.

No comments:

Post a Comment